Usually, this issue would be caused by the location permission for the HowDidiDo app being denied. If a member does not have location (GPS) services enabled on his/her mobile device, a score cannot be pre-registered or submitted.
The GB&I Golfing governing bodies previously introduced new regulations for the returning of General Play Scores for the purpose of “Safeguarding Handicap Integrity”.
These regulations stipulate a maximum distance that the player can be from the club when a round is pre-registered, and a score is returned using a mobile device. They are also stipulating a minimum duration between pre-registration and score submission.
These distance/time limits are as follows for the different home unions:
- England 2 Miles/3.2km – minimum 1 hour for 9 holes, 2 hours for 18
- Ireland 1.86 Miles 3Km – minimum 1 hour for 9 holes, 2 hours for 18
- Scotland 1 Mile/1.6Km – minimum 45 minutes for 9 holes, 1 hour 30 minutes for 18
- Wales 1.86 Miles/3Km – minimum 1 hour for 9 holes, 2 hours for 18
Other National Federations/Unions have not informed us of any updates in their regulations.
Please find guidance below on how to amend your app permissions:
- Apple/iOS devices: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph251e92810/ios#:~:text=Review%20how%20apps%20are%20using,shows%20you%20their%20network%20activit
- Android: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9431959?hl=en-GB
Please find guidance below on how to manage your device's location settings:
- Apple/iOS devices: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207092
- Android: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3467281?hl=en